Thursday, April 14, 2005

Camel talk

I've been here since 6 plus in the morning...the difference being that in Summer (or Spring at least), it remains bright before and after work, anytime before that, it's plain depressing to be confined to being a nocturnal creature. I've been thinking...that if Maslow was right about his hierarchy of needs...then I'd be in pretty bad shape. Whilst most physiological needs have been met (if you consider coffee a decent substitute for water), it appears that lunch is not on the cards. Most workaholics will contend that "it's normal". But not when I have been told that I was supposed to wait upon somebody for lunch...then be told...no, worse, to FIND OUT eons (two hours actually since I was busy) that it was not to be so. My usual lunch spot closed by then, and I was livid. Wouldn't you be? History repeats itself...and I would be eager to see what happens today...as my lunch buddy has once again "promised" that lunch will take place. I am tempted to turn into a camel with three humps at the moment...yes...that'd sure look a lot more appealing than a spare tyre. Come to think of it...a camel ain't that bad an idea, consider the following:
  • An adult camel weighs between 700 and 1,500 pounds (318 to 680 kg) and is up to 7 feet (2.1 meters) tall.
  • Camels can live to be up to 50 years old.
  • Camels gestate about 11 months and give birth to one calf.
  • A male reaches maturity in five years, a female in three to four years.
  • Camels actually have three eyelids! Two of them have lashes, and the third is thin.
    A camel can close its nostrils.
  • A camel, like a goat, will eat almost anything.
  • Pack camels can carry loads of 400 pounds 25 miles (181 kg 40 km) in a day.

Alas, I digress...time to do more data analysis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home