Friday, July 01, 2005

Late night blues

I owe it to the poor hedgehog I ran over last night. Driving back at close to midnight along the Bundesstrasse on some warm summer night isn't exactly an inspiring experience (the same cannot be said for an early morning drive though). Cruising at 100 km/h, with a car in front of you and having both sides of the road lined thick with fresh summer foliage doesn't give one much room to manoeuvre...not at such short notice that is...and so when you see a brown furball making it's attempt at Frogger...
Suffice to say, it rained shortly after that. I was spared the agony of trying to do a CSI on the wheel of the trusty steed, Opel, to determine the degree of "damage" to that poor Erinaceus Europeaeus. Still, it bothers me, that I killed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home